PMS makes me REALLY TIRED. Do you suffer from this? This recipe is good for any woman, PMS or not. So, I came up with a smoothie that is super cleansing and also packed with magnesium and energizing greens. This smoothie has the following:
- Ginger: Soothes PMS related tummy trouble
- Lemon: Detoxifies reproductive organs, Alkalizes the body (PH Balance) helps metabolism
- Kale: Energizes and detoxifies almost every organ
- Spinach: High in Magnesium (This is why you crave chocolate during PMS – your body wants Magnesium)
- Mango: Helps cleanse digestive tract and has Tryptophan – a precursor to the Happy hormone Serotonin.
- Banana: Potassium AND may help reduce cramps!
In regards to Lemon, make sure not to just use lemon juice, Shave of the top layer (zest) with a potato peeler leaving the rest of the flesh on the lemon, throw the whole thing in – PACKED with vitamin C.
Throw it all in your blender and drink it up. If you drink this regularly during PMS – you should feel more energized and less groggy than usual.