Veggie and Quinoa Quiche cups
This delicious Quiche cup alternatively uses Quinoa instead of your traditionally unhealthier version of quiche crust.
- 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 6 Eggs (organic)
- 2 cups sauteed Organic Kale
- 1/4 cup sauteed mushroom
- 1/4 cup Sauteed red pepper
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, Pepper, Sea Salt (I use Himalayan)
- Daiya Vegan Shreds (optional)
These are free from dairy, but of course you can tweak this recipe to your liking.
- Boil Quinoa for 15 minutes until tender
- Saute Kale, Mushroom, red pepper and onion together in skillet with olive oil, add garlic powder and sea salt.
- In a non-stick muffin tin (spray with olive oil first), use a mister (not the canned sprays as these sprays have propellants in them) and mist each muffin tin.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl
- Start by layering each ingredient in each tin, placing the egg lastly.
- Top with vegan shreds (Daiya) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Done. These can be done with just egg whites if you wish – but made as is it has only 133 calories for each cup and 10 grams of protein! Make them organic if you can.
Here is a picture of it cup apart: