I know it is a little late for Pumpkin recipes because the holidays are over (and I am glad) but sometimes I take more pictures than I have time to actually make blog posts out of (especially during the holidays) so bear with me. Plus, this recipe is delicious year round as you don’t have to have fresh pumpkin for it. Super healthy – packed with vitamins like Vitamins A, C, E, B5, Potassium, Magnesium and more.
What you need:
- Blender (High speed is best, Nutri-bullets are also really good, but a regular blender should work just fine).
- 1 Banana (previously Frozen)
- Coconut milk (about 1/2 cup)
- Organic Pumpkin Puree (about 1/2 cup)
- Pumpkin Pie spice (or half teaspoon of each: Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Ginger)
- Date (1 or 2 to taste) (This is just for sweetness, so please use a healthy sweetener of your choice just try to stay away from refined sugar, Grade B maple syrup is a tasty alternative, so is Agave Nectar and coconut nectar).
That’s it, Throw it in a Blender, blend until smooth and creamy and enjoy. This smoothie is so filling it can count as a meal replacement, you could even add a scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use “Garden for Life’s Raw Protein”) to make this a great post-workout meal!